Garden Spot High School
669 East Main Street
New Holland, PA 17557
(Click Here for Directions)
President: Glenn Gehr
Vice President: Tammy Schilling
Treasurer: Joe Finkey Secretary: Kristen Groff
Volunteer Coordinator: OPEN
Media Manager: Jen Swanson
Year Book: OPEN
Garden Spot Wrestling's first year was 1961. The Mat Club was formed in the early 1970's to support the Eastern Lancaster County School District (ELANCO) wrestling programs including Garden Spot High Schoool, Middle School and Elementary programs.
- April 8, 2015 meeting agenda
- January 14, 2015 meeting agenda
- December 17, 2014 meeting agenda
- October 8, 2014 meeting agenda
- May 14, 2014 meeting agenda
- March 13, 2014 meeting agenda
- February 12, 2014 meeting agenda
- December 11, 2013 meeting agenda
- November 13, 2013 meeting agenda
- October 9, 2013 meeting agenda
- September 11, 2013 meeting agenda
- May 8, 2013 meeting agenda
- April 10, 2013 meeting agenda
- March 13, 2013 meeting agenda
- February 4, 2013 meeting agenda
- January 9, 2013 meeting agenda
- December 12, 2012 meeting agenda
- November 14, 2012 meeting agenda
- October 10, 2012 meeting agenda
- September 17, 2012 meeting agenda
FUND RAISERS - There are two fund raisers each year for the Club.
- The K-6 Elementary School Tournament
- LL League Tournament Hosting
SUPPORT - Through our fund raisers and sign-up fees, we provide all three wrestling programs with various support including and not limited to:
- Youth duals tournament fees
- Summer Opportunity Camp fees with free t-shirts to those that attend
- Lunches for the High School, Middle School and Youth Duals teams for away team tournaments
- Banquet costs for all coaches, wrestlers and invited guests
- The Chad Burkhart Scholarship fund
- Mat Club sponsorships
- High School Calendar Poster
- Yearbooks for all wrestlers at the end of the season
- Plaques and awards presented at the banquet
- Post season wrestling fees (when available)
The sport of wrestling has many positive affects like keeping our wrestlers in top physical condition, improving self confidence, yielding new friends for wrestlers and their families and creating community involvement.
For more information about joining any of the Garden Spot wrestling teams or getting involved with the Garden Spot Mat Club, contact a board member or any of our team coaching staff members.
PRACTICE LOCATION - Practices for all Garden Spot wrestling programs, Youth, Middle School and High School, are held in the Garden Spot High School Wrestling Room and auxilary gym which are side-by-side. Access to the wrestling room is on the stadium side of the school, nearest to the main gate of the stadium.
HOME MEETS and TOURNAMENT LOCATION - Home meets and tournaments are held in the Garden Spot High School Main Gym. Access to the main gym is at the rear of the building through the doors closest to the large parking lot.